Last night I told a mutual friend that I was making a hard sell to get the other lolz doll to marry this guy shes not even presently involved with. Because he’s really nice. My bro friend may not have understood the importance of this trait but ladies: amirite???
I mean it’s not just that he’s nice, it’s that it coincides with him also being cute and smart and cool. Has anyone else seen these four qualities cohabitate in one individual? I mean, that’s the dream isn’t it? Most smart people are boring or humorless or nerdy. Most attractive people are dumb and stuck up and caught in some major emotional arrested development. It’s why everyone has slept with a hot bartender.
You have to make some concessions in life. Like you can get probably 75% of what you want at the cost of the other 25 %. You can’t really concede to be with a mean person, there’s nowhere to go from there. You know at some point you’re going to be 50 and fighting every second because you’ve been their-way-or-the-highway-ing for 20 years. You can be with someone that’s somewhat unattractive, everyone is going to get old and wrinkly. Sometimes nerdy people are okay. (I’d give this category more thought if I hadn’t had such bad experiences with nerdy dudes being total closet misogynists).
My point is that nice is the least negotiable thing on this list. It’s such an overused word that we probably think everyone we know is nice. This is not true. Most people you know are passive. That is a very different thing from being nice. Deferential action, or inaction, is not even close to being a great personality trait. Nice means considering the feelings of others greater than your own, it’s an active trait. If someone is nice they will listen to your feelings and consider them before moving forward out of respect, not indifference (which is never respectful).
This is why being nice is the best, it demonstrates a genuine respect for other people. You can say you respect someone all you want, but the only way to show that is to act it out by caring about them and treating them well.